SPED Log Version 1.2 Release Notes November 2020
Below is a description of the November 2020 features released and updates for the Athlos Special Education logs software. Please review and join us for a Release Walkthrough for more details and Q&A. Register at the link below.
Release Walkthrough Webinar
- November 5th – 4:30pm MT / 5:30pm CT / 3:30 pm PT
- Registration Link: REGISTER HERE
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- The webinar will be recorded and added to the Resource Center.
Feature 1: NEW Web App
- The current Athlos app is a MOBILE app and optimized for use on most device types – phones, tablets and some laptops.
- Athlos is now releasing a WEB app accessible from all device types but created specifically for use on laptops while connected to Wi-Fi.
- Access and log in to the web app at: spedlogs.athlos.org
*be sure to bookmark this page on your browser for easy access
- MacOS users – you can now log from your Mac devices
- Wi-Fi Need –The Web App only works while connected to Wi-Fi. The Mobile App works with and without Wi-Fi.
Feature 2: Logging services for multiple goals per student in Web App
- The new Athlos web app (see release notes for Feature 1 above) will allow users to log services for multiple goals per student in the same service log. For example, if a user works with a student for 1 hour and selects 2 goals, the user will be prompted to select how many minutes (of 60 total) was dedicated to each goal. The two goals should total 60 minutes.
- The current Athlos mobile app only allows a user to log services for one goal per student at a time. This will remain for the 2020-2021 SY. To log services for multiple goals, users will continue to select “create new log” for each goal they wish to log services for.
- To log services for multiple goals/logs, access the SPED Logs Web App here.
NOTES: The Web App is currently the only place that allows for multiple goals per service log. This feature is in the pipeline for 2021 mobile app development.
Feature 3: Bulk Data Exports from Web App
- The Web App allows users to export service data or progress data to CSV files. To access this feature, ensure you are logged in to the Web App, navigate to either Services Overview or Progress Overview, and select “Export All Data”, which is a green button at the top of the screen. This will export all the Service data or Progress Data you have entered for your caseload of students. At this time, any other customized reports are available upon request only.
- To bulk export data from the Web App, access the SPED Logs Web App here, and visit the Services Overview or Progress Overview sections in Analytics.
NOTES: All training videos and user guides have been updated with these release updates. If you have questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to submit a ticket or visit our resource center: https://athloshelp.freshdesk.com/support/solutions